Thursday, October 7, 2010

Red

Her favorite color is red.

Red is vibrant. It evokes passion, energy and and strength. It is not a color that likes to hide. Reds want to see and be seen.

For many years now red has been my favorite color. It gets me in trouble occasionally now that I live in Alabama; primarily because it is associated with a certain state school, which we do not cheer for. Nonetheless, I still love to wear red. It puts a smile on my face and a pep in my step.

Recently I discovered that red is LB's favorite color too. How, you might ask, does a 13 month old convey what her favorite color is? Simple. It is in her actions, not words.

Outside our back door sits an array of pots with all kinds of plants and flowers. We are sometimes the testers when Kyle wants to try out a new plant; other times we nurse plants back to health that aren't looking so good; but most of the time my hubby keeps me supplied with beautiful flowers that greet me as I get home each day. LB is beginning to love the flowers too. Primarily because she has learned that she can pick a petal and carry it around with her. Over the past few days I've been watching her and it dawned on me. She keeps going after the reds. And only reds. She will shimmy through and around the pots to get to the red geraniums. Skip past the pink to pick a red begonia. It is so obvious! Red is her favorite color.

No comments:

Post a Comment