Monday, October 4, 2010

Fall in Love with Fall

For four years of my life fall meant returning to school and returning to Virginia. Usually by the time September hit I was dying to see my friends, hangout, party and feel like there isn't a care in the world except for the classes I was taking.

Fall is met with just as much anticipation now, but the surrounding circumstances are different. There isn't as much hanging out and certainly not as much partying, but I covet my date nights with my hubby and that fulfills me much more than any frat party ever did. I do miss feeling more carefree, but I wouldn't relinquish my responsibilities for anything.

Fall is beautiful. I can ride with my windows down and breathe in the fresh, cool air; play with my little girl outside in the middle of the day and never break a sweat; spend hours talking about and watching football, loving every minute of Gameday; and slowly forget about the sweltering heat that seemed like it would never ease up.

There is just something special about this time of year. I can't quite put my finger on any one thing. But maybe it's the multitude of things that I look forward to that makes me fall in love with fall year after year.

Go outside and enjoy the cool breeze. You'll be glad you did.

No comments:

Post a Comment