Wednesday, April 20, 2011

True Friends

Mom and Marie

There are two people from college that I text, email and talk with on a regular basis - Brittany and Marie.  Brittany was my roommate freshman year.  Marie and Brittany were pledge sisters.  And somewhere along our college journey the three of us became inseparable.  True friends that my parents always said I would make in college; friends that will last a lifetime.

Parents weekend is huge at W&L.  I'm not sure who looked forward to it more - the parents or the students.  Parents attend classes, meals and even the parties!  Brittany, Marie and I started coordinating our parents weekend dinner parties together.  They were always so much fun.  

At some point the three of us started sending Christmas cards to our parents.

Both Brittany and Marie's parents made the long trip down to the South when Grant and I were married.

They are all so very dear to me.  And so when my mom and some girlfriends decided to go to San Francisco for their Spring Break I immediately told Marie who has lived out there since she graduated from Law School.  Mom and Marie emailed back and forth while plans were being made.  And last night Marie and her boyfriend Todd met up with my mom and her friends for dinner.  So jealous!  But so glad they were able to see each other.  It's just so neat that my friends and my parents are good friends.  It makes me want to have a Parents Weekend Reunion!  Brittany, Marie - let's do it!
Marie and Todd

No comments:

Post a Comment