Thursday, June 23, 2011

Back at it & New Book Club Read

There is nothing like a routine to get things back moving again.  Praise the Lord that Mothers Morning Out started back this week.  How did I manage without it!?!  Grant and I agreed last night that this has been the best week after a long couple of weeks.  We are both thriving at work and that so easily is seen at home also.  Throw in a little rain in the forecast and you have a couple of happy landscapers.

Book Club has started a new book and I was completed reeled in yesterday. 
One Thousand Gifts: A Dare to Live Fully Right Where You Are  -     
        By: Ann Voskamp
    
It's called One Thousand Gifts by Ann Voskamp.  The first chapter is a little hard to read, not because it's difficult but the story just weighs down on your heart.  But there is a bright light shining in the chapters to follow, so if you pick it up be sure to push through because it is well worth it.  A friend in book club had already read it and said it changed her life.  Well, if that doesn't make you want to pick it up, then I don't know what will.  And I have to admit, after just a few chapters I believe I will completely agree with her in the end.  I look forward to implementing my own "One Thousand Gifts" each and every day.  Can you name one thousand things that you are thankful for?

  1. hugs and kisses in the morning
  2. dinner with my daughter
  3. the smell of coffee brewing when I step out of the shower
I dare you to start your own list.  Mine makes me smile, which I think makes each day a little better.

No comments:

Post a Comment