Tuesday, August 2, 2011

Great Summer Dessert

Need a great summer dessert that is super easy to make?  I have it for you.  My Key Lime Pie recipe is about as easy as it gets.  This recipe comes from the grandmother of one of my best friends from college. Marie and I stayed with her grandparents in FL during one of our Feb Breaks (yes we had a week off in February in addition to a normal Spring Break) and she kept the pies coming the entire time we were there.  I couldn't get enough of it!

Graham cracker crumb crust
Original Cool Whip
Sweentened Condensed Milk
Lime Juice - one of those little limes with the juice in it is the perfect size, but if you have to buy a big jar of it, then you need 2/3 cup

Mix the cool whip and condensed milk.  Add in the lime juice and mix some more.  Throw it in the pie crust and then into the freezer.  Tada!  

I like to keep mine in the freezer and pull out at serving time because it can soften up fairly quickly in this 100 degree weather.

Great for making ahead of time.  And it keeps for a long time.

Enjoy.

No comments:

Post a Comment