Monday, July 23, 2012

Home Alone

What is every mom's daily dream and desire?  Perhaps its just a few moments to herself.

Last weekend I got more than I bargained for.  Grant was out of town for work and my parents took LB for a night, one last spend the night before my mom goes back to school this week.  (Yes its early for school! They are on a modified year-round calendar :)
Waiting for Granny to pick her up on Friday - how do you teach patience?

I was left at home all...by...myself....

For those of you who don't know me well, I'm a planner.  And its only gotten more intensified as I've gotten older.  When I found out I would have all this time on my hands I went to my Reminders App on my phone and started listing off all the things I could possibly accomplish.  I didn't want to forget anything!  (I also love lists!)


  • paint third canvas
  • wash sheets
  • farmers market
  • wedding gift
  • update budget
  • pay bills


And I immediately set up a girls night with dinner and a movie for Friday night.  I couldn't just stay at home all weekend!

Amazingly I felt pressure to make the most of every minute.  But when I felt that pressure creep in on Saturday I would just sit on the couch and watch a movie.  And I know paying bills and updating a budget aren't very exciting to most of you, but some (amy sharp) understand that it can be great diving into those numbers!  So, I accomplished the bottom four things on my list in addition to rearranging furniture in the sun room.

Furniture from Grant's grandparents - Love!
Overall I think I felt somewhat lost.  Don't get me wrong.  It was great.  But it was weird being home alone.  The best part of my day on Saturday was that night when I drove to the Log Cabin to meet my parents and Grant for dinner.  I missed my family.  I was so glad to be together again.

So I realized a lot from last weekend.  Time alone is good and healthy, but I'm good with small doses all along.  Most importantly, I dream and desire to spend time with my hubby and little girl daily.

At PCB earlier this year

No comments:

Post a Comment