Monday, July 16, 2012

Sometimes I Pretend to be Crafty - Part 2

This has been a slow moving project, primarily because it requires time.  This past week I made the most of two nap times to work on canvas 2 of 3.  (you can read about canvas 1 here)


After I finished the first canvas I felt like it was too white.  So, for the next one I thought I would go with a background enlarging the little flower from my first one.  Now I'm not sure if I like it or not.  It makes the versus a little bit harder to read.  So, I'm up in the air for what to do on the third canvas.

This is definitely a progression of inspiration.  So, I'll wait for the inspiration and another solid nap time to break out canvas 3.  In the meantime, I welcome any ideas from you!

1 comment:

  1. Elizabeth, if you don't like the stark white background, you could first do a "wash" (artist terminology), which is a deluted and thin application of color, onto your entire canvas as a background. To add interest, you could mark off a border (like a mat)and paint your design (e.g. flowers) there. Another hint for adding interest to the appearance of your verse is to mix up the type of text (font) to bring attention to certain words. You could even paint some or all of the words in a color pulled from your border. Have fun. You are soooo creative and I love that about you.

    ReplyDelete