Thursday, June 10, 2010

I love Weddings

I absolutely love weddings. I love all the planning, the engagement parties, showers, flowers, gowns - everything. I smile every time we receive an invitation for one or when I get an excited phone call from a friend saying she's engaged. It all reminds me of my own.

Everyone gave us advice while we were engaged - mostly good, encouraging advice that we listened to willingly. Probably the one piece of advice that I remember intentionally following was to make a point of looking around. I don't remember who told me, but she said that her wedding was a blur. If it weren't for her pictures she would have missed her wedding. So getting ready to walk down the aisle I looked around and soaked it all in. Getting to the front I looked at every bridesmaid and every groomsman, then I locked eyes with Grant.

Probably my favorite moment in our wedding was the Bride and Groom prayer. Just months before we got married I attended a wedding where they did this and it was so moving. After that Grant and I added it to our own program. It was wonderful. One of my favorite pictures from the wedding is of us holding hands, heads bowed, sun setting in the background while we whispered our prayers to one another. Nothing tops that solitary moment.

Right now we have only one wedding on the calendar for next spring. It will be a small intimate wedding set on a beautiful plantation in Thomasville, GA. I'm really looking forward to this one. Its a tennis friend from my teenage years that is getting married. She has asked me to read scripture. I am so honored and touched that she has asked me to be a part of such a special day. I know it will be perfect for her like mine was for me. I'm smiling just thinking about it all.

No comments:

Post a Comment