Wednesday, June 2, 2010

If You Knew Me...

I had a great quiet time this morning.

First off, I have struggled to even have a daily quiet time. I know how extremely important it is. And its not that I don't have the time to squeeze in 30 minutes for me and God to hang out; its just that life is busy. Before I know it, Laura is down for the night, Grant and I are hanging out, I'm tired, and the day is over. So I decided over the weekend that I should do it first thing in the morning! Before work starts, before LB gets up, give God my firsts. Well, wouldn't you know that my alarm went off at 5am, I turned it off and slept for another 25 minutes. WOW - the devil IS in the details.

Anyway, I finally get up, have my vanilla filled coffee, sit down and I'm ready to go. And God was ready too.

I'm going through a Beth Moore book - Believing God. The section I started this morning is called, I am who God says I am. The biggest statement I took away this morning - Beth Moore talking about herself says, "I have a little hang-up with believing "I am who God says I am." I tend to want to rewrite it as, "I strive to be who God says I am." WOW. I completely agree.

I guess I don't always feel like I measure up to God's standards. And I hate it when I feel like I'm falling short. But think about Moses - he doubted himself. The Bible tells us that because I have accepted Jesus as my personal savior that I am already who God says I am. And I was made in his image. WOW. What I see in my own actions are from my viewpoint, which is different from God's point of view.

"How great is the love the Father has lavished on us, that we should be called the children of God! And that is what we are!" 1 John 3:1

I am Blessed, Chosen, Adopted, Favored, Redeemed and Forgiven.

I am who God says I am.

"You shine like stars in the universe." Philippians 2:15

2 comments:

  1. that is one of my favorite verses...1John 3:1 love ya, amy

    ReplyDelete