Wednesday, May 4, 2011

Grace for the Moment

A few days ago Grant picked up the small book that sits on the little table just outside our bathroom.  It's one of those books that you put out because it looks pretty and at one point you read it and it was great so you want to leave it out for others to see.  Well, with its current location there probably aren't too many people that see it, so I wanted to share a little bit of the treasure we discovered in its intro.

The book is Grace for the Moment by Max Lucado.  It is a collection of inspirational thoughts for each day of the year.  The intro goes through the fruits of the Spirit.  After Grant read it he looked at me with "wow" written all over his face and he told me I needed to read it.  There are nine in all.  And I'd like to take them one at a time.  I think Max Lucado provides so much to think on that I'd like to let each one rest on our hearts to let it fully sink in.  So here we go.

Each Day...
It's quite.  It's early.  My coffee is hot.  The sky is still black.  The world is still asleep.  The day is coming.

In a few moments the day will arrive.  It will roar down the track with the rising of the sun.  The stillness of the dawn will be exchanged for the noise of the day.  The calm of solitude will be replaced by the pounding pace of the human race.  The refuge of the early morning will be invaded by decisions to be made and deadlines to be met.

For the next twelve hours I will be exposed to the day's demands.  It is now that I must make a choice.  Because of Calvary, I'm free to choose.  And so I choose.

I CHOOSE LOVE...
No occasion justifies hatred; no injustice warrants bitterness.  I choose love.  Today I will love God and what God loves.


Max Lucado receives full credit for the words above reprinted from Grace for the Moment.  And aren't they wonderful words?

We all have a choice to make.  And today I choose love.

No comments:

Post a Comment