Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Today I Choose Self-Control

This is the last of the Fruits of the Spirit that Max Lucado brings to life in his introduction to Grace for the Moment.  It is the longest and to me the best.  He wraps it all up well and in a way that I hope to remember to implement in my daily life.  So for today...

I CHOOSE SELF-CONTROL

I am a spiritual being. . . .
After this body is dead, my spirit will soar.
I refuse to let what will rot, rule the eternal.
I choose self-control.  I will be drunk only by joy.
I will be impassioned only by my faith.
I will be influenced only by God.
I will be taught only by Christ.
I choose self-control.

Love, joy peace, patience, kindness, goodness,
faithfulness, gentleness, and self-control.
To these I commit my day.
If I succeed, I will give thanks.
If I fail, I will seek his grace.
And then, when this day is done,
I will place my head on my pillow
and rest.

No comments:

Post a Comment