Thursday, May 5, 2011

Today I Choose Joy

Continuing with yesterday's entry, which you can check out here, I continue to give all the credit for these great words to Max Lucado from his book Grace for the Moment.

Today I CHOOSE JOY.

I will invite my God to be the God of circumstance.  I will refuse the temptation to be cynical... the tool of the lazy thinker.  I will refuse to see people as anything less than human beings, created by God.  I will refuse to see any problem as anything less than an opportunity to see God.


I saw God this morning at 3:30am.  With one screaming toddler in the house, Grant and I took turns turning on music and finding pacis.  Finally when we couldn't take it any longer I got up and LB and I trudged down the hallway to find Sesame Street on.  Praise the Lord.  She only wants to watch Elmo these days.  After my alarm when off a little while later, hubby/daddy trudged down the hallway too.  He took over so I could jump in the shower and put on the coffee.  I came back to find these two kiddos snuggled up on the couch zonked out - both of them.  Joy filled my heart as I watched them.  Even when none of us resemble human beings at 3:30 in the morning I was reminded that God created this precious little girl that brings so much joy to my life.



No comments:

Post a Comment