Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Love Always

Grant came across my old journal of poems a few days ago.  Ten plus years ago I wrote poetry all the time.  Not so much anymore.  Tonight, I'm reaching back to find that creative voice.  This one's for you babe.

Love Always


I always dreamed of getting married.
Little did I know it would be you.
I always dreamed of romance.
Little did I know what it really meant before you.

I always knew that God had a plan.
Little did I know His plan would include us.
I always knew that I would have a family.
Little did I know our family would be so special.

I always planned to fall in love.
Little did I know love would feel like this.
I always planned to have a great marriage.
Little did I know being intentional with you would be awesome.

I always will be your love.
Little did I know the security that comes with love.
I always will love you.
Little did I know that a lifetime would not feel long enough.


1 comment: