Monday, June 21, 2010

Our First Trip to the Library

Laura and I got a library card today at the Dothan library downtown. It was our first time there. We found the children section pretty easy. There was a fun train table, but some big kids were playing with it so we could only look on.

Now, having a sister who is a director in a regional library system, you would think that I would know how libraries work. But apparently not.

My phone rings and I fish around to find it. Answer it. And proceed to talk until I look up and see the librarian giving me the evil eyes. She asks me to step out into the hall - cell phones are not allowed. So, I immediately get off the phone (sorry Lee Ann) and then I see all the no cell phones allowed signs posted everywhere. Oh well.

It takes us a while, but we finally find some appropriate reading for LB. However, at this point it feels like my elbow is going to fall off. So, I look for Dr. Seuss, grab three or four books and head straight to check out. Whew, we made it.

Get home. Proud of our adventure, we excitedly show Daddy our prizes. ha! Well......the first book he opens has sheet music in it! What?!? The Cat in the Hat Song Book. In my hurry, all I read was the Cat in the Hat. I grabbed it. No no, this has real songs and cords and music in it. Being the great daddy that he is, Grant proceeds to sing one of the songs to LB. :)

Later on we pick up another book. ha! Well......this one is in Spanish! What?!? I thought I was getting Horton Hears a Who. Technically I did, but it is not in a language that I can read anymore.

I might be going back to the library sooner than I had planned.

Geez Louise.

1 comment:

  1. This is too funny! Next time take a friend... namely me. Maybe if we tagteam the event, we can find some books in English! : )

    ReplyDelete