Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Home Sweet Home


Lexington was fabulous. Oh, so fabulous. Sometimes it feels almost surreal that I lived there for four years. We hit up a few of the old stomping grounds, mainly surrounding food. It's amazing how a pizza isn't just a pizza when it sustained your eating habits for so long.
We did the campus tour with a freshman who had the glazed look in her eyes that I once had when I was so in love with W&L, Lexington, and life in college. My parents used to take bets when I would come home to visit. How long would I last before making the comment that I missed Lex?? I forget who won, but it was usually less than 24 hours!

We walked down Main Street and visited some of my favorite shops. There were a few new ones that had replaced the ones I never went into.

Merchandise was purchased at the book store only this time I couldn't swipe it home.

Lexington is such a unique town. Picturesque. Quaint. Beautiful. There are so many adjectives that could describe it perfectly. Lexington may not be home anymore, but it certainly holds a warm, cozy spot in my heart that feels like home when we return.

3 comments:

  1. Laura Faulk - class of 2029(ish)??

    ReplyDelete
  2. I bought her a t-shirt in the bookstore that says - oh, the places you'll go....Washington & Lee. So cute!

    ReplyDelete