Wednesday, May 12, 2010

The WOW Factor

I just came from a lunch where the speaker is a professor and maybe the department head (not sure) of the hotel and restaurant management department at Auburn. He's from Northern Ireland. Has lived in Australia. And ended up in Auburn, AL. Sounds like a pretty neat guy, right?

Well, during his talk he mentions that he spends approximately three hours (3 hours!) a day analyzing hospitality. It is what he does after all. Hospitality is everything in his line of work. And he believes that with great hospitality and service first, then everything else will take care of itself including your bottom line. But what caught my attention the most was that he said he looks for the WOW factor, whether he is getting a tooth pulled, grabbing some lunch or even going to church - it is the WOW factor that will impact him personally.

So, it got me thinking. Can't we create that WOW factor in everything we do! Whether its playing with Laura, working with my managers or handing out starbursts to the kids at church - I think the WOW can come from anywhere and on both sides of the fence. It doesn't have to be solely from the person serving others. I can create WOW factors all the time. It may take some creativity, but hey won't it make life a bit more fun.

WOW - Working On Wowing
I just made that up :)


No comments:

Post a Comment