Tuesday, November 9, 2010

Hope is a Powerful Thing

I love a good party.  I love having a reason to get dressed up.  I love receiving an invitation in the mail and adding it to our calendar.

Thursday evening Wiregrass Hope Group will hold its annual banquet.  I believe this will be my 4th.  Every year I am amazed at the work they continue to accomplish.  Wiregrass Hope Group has identified several needs in this community and they are tackling them head on.

Hope Group reaches out to the married as well as un-wed.  The mom as well as the dad.  The teens in the classroom as well as the teenager that found out she's pregnant.

Families around the Wiregrass are finding hope again thanks to the outpouring of love and support from Hope Group.

Thursday night I will get dressed up.  Most likely through tears I will listen to several testimonies of how Hope Group has touched a person's life.  And I will walk away breathless at how God works through this wonderful organization to pick people back up and give them hope for the days to come.

1 comment: