Tuesday, November 2, 2010

I'm 27 years old and I have a gray hair.

My mom first cut my hair short when I was about 5 years old.  From then on I primarily had short to medium length hair growing up.  I started high lights in high school, continued in college and when Grant met me he thought I was a blond.  I slowly started doing low lights trying to get back to my natural color while I lived in Atlanta.  The last round came out dark and with a hint of auburn that I really enjoyed.

I haven't colored my hair since and it is now the longest it probably has ever been.

But today I saw something in my hair that I have never seen before.  A single gray strand of hair sparkled brightly in the bathroom lights as I washed my hands.  Caught off guard, I immediately moved closer to the mirror.  Surely my eyes have mistaken me.  Nope.  Its there.  Just a single right now.  And if the old wives tales are true, I will not be pulling it.  No need to help it multiply.

I'm 27 years old and I have a gray hair.  There are worse things.

No comments:

Post a Comment