Tuesday, December 28, 2010

Christmas Favs

Full Speed Ahead!  That seemed to be our motto through the holidays.  Looking back, even though we were super busy, there were many wonderful memories made.  I don't know that I can do it all justice other than to highlight a few of my favorite moments.

Favorite Snap-Shot Moments I'll Never Forget

  1. Watching LB check out what Santa left.  I think kids must be born with the joy of Christmas morning in their bones.  
  2. Laughing for hours as the older cousins played with my nephew Henry - building tents, forts and having pillow fights in my parents den as all the adults sat around and watched.
Favorite Gifts I Gave
  1. A journal to my hubby so we can record 2011 together.
  2. Door hanger initials to my mom and mother-in-law decorated in Auburn polka dots.  Purchased from Artist Tree here in Dothan.
Favorite Gifts I Received
  1. Cookware - lots of fun stuff
  2. Thyme in a Bottle by Ingrid Croce
Favorite Holiday House Guests
  1. Cousins Sidney and Madeline
Not-so-Favorite Moments
  1. Putting together my first toy - a kitchen.  It took 2 solid hours.  It was all I could to finish it.  And in the end I had to call in my reserves - my hubby saved the day!
  2. Playing 4 Dirty Santa games in a matter of 5 days.  One is fun.  And even two can be enjoyable.  But by the fourth game I had heard all the sayings in the book.  And believe me, everyone says the same things at every party.


I hope you and your loved ones had a very Merry Christmas, making memories to last a lifetime.

No comments:

Post a Comment