Monday, December 6, 2010

Stay Warm Baby

 It is supposed to be 23 degrees tonight!  Brrr...

LB is 15 months old and I still don't know how to best keep her warm at night.  She sleeps in warm pajamas with footies, which helps a lot.  But she is all over the bed when sleeping so you can't keep a blanket on her.  In fact, she prefers sleeping on top of her blankets.

We turn up the thermostat, but she still gets cold.  I think her room is the coldest in the house.

So tonight I tried something new.  I pulled out several of her blankets and draped them over the blinds, which do little to keep out the cold.  Immediately you could tell a difference in her room.  Win.



And here are a few pictures of my brown-eyed girl from last week.


Sporting her very first ponytail.  Perhaps the cutest ponytail I've ever seen.

3 comments:

  1. Hey:)

    We put Lily in lots of layers...tights and onsies or even long-underwear under the sleeper PJs with feet
    She moves around at night a lot too and wont keep blankets on

    Also we have a space heater with a thermostat in her room which helps alot too...

    hope your girl stays toasty:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey-found your blog through Jessica Steltenpohl's-your daughter is so precious!! We have a little one (22 months) and I've started putting socks on her feet under her footed pajamas and that seems to help-I was so sad when she would wake up with frozen feet and hands!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey KC and Amy - thanks for the posts! We bundled miss Laura up tonight. T-shirt, pants and socks and then the footsie pajamas. I'm hoping she'll get some sound sleep tonight being warm and toasty!

    ReplyDelete