Friday, January 7, 2011

Another Christmas Toy Put Together

I'm not sure what gave me the idea to put together another one of LB's Christmas toys this morning, but I jumped on it with gusto.  My sidekick was much more interested in playing with the clothes hamper however.


I opened the box and there was a bright green sticker saying you could watch the toy put together online.  Hmmm - sign #1 that this would probably be another "challenge" like the first toy I put together for her - mentioned as a not so favorite moment of the holidays here.

Step 1 - well, lets just say that it was hard to understand.  And, secondly, I wasn't strong enough - or at least I thought I wasn't at the time.  But it turns out that I wasn't even using the correct pieces.  (maybe why they made an instructional video)  Anyway, I packed everything back up in the box and waited for my knight to return home to help me figure this thing out.

Lunch rolled around and Grant and I put our heads together and got the ball rolling.  He felt confident that I could do it by myself and with my trusty sidekick glued to my side he left for work smiling.

Rolling we were, until we had to take a timeout for a stinky.  (I think that sentence pretty much sums up my days sometimes!)  LB wouldn't leave the kitchen without her new toy, which was only 1/3 put together.  We rolled it down the hall.  But instead of rolling it back, she thought it more efficient to just carry it back to the work room/kitchen.
Back to work.

We tightened screws and pushed pieces in (later realizing I forgot to add a washer) so we pulled pieces back off.  And while I worked, I think LB sat in every individual piece to test out its comfort.
Finally we're getting close.  The toy is starting to resemble a shopping cart - a princess cart no less.

Daddy - we're going to have to work on LB's driving skills.

Why don't stores just sell pre-assembled toys?

No comments:

Post a Comment