Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Dress Clips Update

I ventured out to Kids Market last night for the Sellers Family and Friends Pre-Sell event.  I managed to stay under my personally allotted amount to spend and walked away with a summer wardrobe that will have little missy decked out in skirts and sundresses.

I must admit though that I was pretty disappointed when I ran over to see my dress clips.  They were on the wall with only a couple hundred hair bows.  But, I guess where does one put dress clips when you are trying to fit in hundreds of items to sell?  And sadly, the flyer I had made up to advertise and explain the dress clips was simply sitting on the floor.  Thankfully my friend Amy was with me and immediately jumped in when she saw my long face.  She took the flyer and clipped it to the top of the wall frame with one of the dress clips.  Then we found and moved all the dress clips so they are directly around the flyer. So, we'll see what happens.  Kids Market opens to the public on Saturday.  Thus far they've only been doing the pre-sell events.  I'll know more next week and will keep you posted.

Praise the Lord for wonderful friends and family that picked me back up immediately and really didn't let me dwell long at all on the lack of sales.  And I think I'm learning that a bargain-hunters atmosphere is probably not the ideal place to sell these.  Etsy is more on the forefront of conversation now.  And possibly trying some local boutiques.

Not wasting anytime, I pulled out all my supplies during nap time.  And yes, JIF is always listed on my supply list.


With a renewed sense of purpose, I have started working on some new designs.  Aren't these bumblebees darling?  I have a strawberry in the works but needed a different size ribbon for the leaves/stem; I'll post it upon completion.



1 comment: