Monday, February 7, 2011

My Sister Turned 30

On the first night of my sister's surprise birthday getaway, we all decided that we might have to make this a tradition.

Mom, Dad, Daaron, Henry, Grant, LB and I all surprised my sister with a weekend at Seaside.  It was chilly, but that could not stop us from falling in love with Seaside.  Grant and I have been before.  But this was our first time in a house in Seaside.  Salad Days is four bedrooms with a bonus room, just perfect for our family.  It was so cozy and perfect for this special occasion.

There was a farmers market going on, hamburgers by the beach, and bird chasing along the water.  Until one got wet and then we all made our way back home.  A personal highlight of the trip was a three hour nap when we returned.  But that's enough about me.

We had some fun stuff planned to celebrate the big 3-0.  As we all got dressed up for dinner on Saturday (including the kiddos) we tried to act calm and not look out the window too often.  Catherine only asked a few times what time we needed to be leaving for dinner.  Finally the big surprise arrived - a stretch Cadillac limo.

Now I have been in a few limos in my time - not a lot, but a few.  I must admit this is the first time I've seen two car seats inside a limo.  It was pretty amusing.  LB loved the stars aka lights in the ceiling and Henry was mesmerized by the three TVs.

Dinner at Flemings was delicious.  And note to self - surprise some friends by calling ahead with a bottle of bubbly and a sweet message for special occasions.  So fun!  Thanks Moselys!

We made our way back to Salad Days for cheesecake from Foster Street Bakery.  So good.  And presents.  By this point we were all tuckering out - even with my three hour nap!

I hope Catherine had as much fun celebrating her 30th birthday as we did celebrating with her.  Happy Birthday Sis!

3 comments:

  1. Sweet! Y'all have such a cool family! And, I'm going to guess y'all planned 3-0 on 30A because of the numbers?!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great thirtieth birthday story. L,C

    ReplyDelete