Friday, February 18, 2011

The Tulips are Coming

I had my first sighting today.  There it was standing tall, reaching out to soak in the warm sunshine.  The first tulip.  


I always love tulip season!  I look on in excited anticipation as the tulips begin to poke their heads out around the Wiregrass.  Red, yellow, white, pink, even black tulips are among the varieties that Lakewood plants.  I even have a few breaking through the soil in our front yard.  I don't know what colors they will be, but that is part of the excitement.

To get you excited, here are just a few of the hundreds of tulip pictures that we have from years past.

The tulips are coming...the tulips are coming!












2 comments:

  1. Mitch got me tulips for Valentine's Day, and it made me think about the tulips that will soon be popping up all over the place in the Wiregrass! Love this post!

    ReplyDelete
  2. beautiful!! i love seeing them everyone around town too...so glad to know that they are on their way!

    ReplyDelete